Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I REALLY don't want braces!"

If you're not happy with your smile braces may be the way to go. I don't offer braces in my practice, but do offer Invisalign. However, Invisalign is not always the best option. I have seen patients with severe malocclusions (bad bites)and severe crowding that cannot be predictably treated with Invisalign.

If you REALLY don't want braces, but your teeth are beautiful but are in the wrong place, the most conservative treatment is... you guessed it, BRACES.

Nowadays, our amazing local orthodontists can provide you a straight new smile in less time than ever before. New wires and brackets move the teeth so smoothly and comfortably that it's a no-brainer for many patients. If you are worried about the "Brace Face" comments, my advice to you is "Get over it!" I'd much rather see my family member endure some harmless teasing while wearing braces than have to cut healthy tooth structure down with my burs and place crowns to give the appearance of straight teeth. PLEASE - be conservative with your teeth if you are young and GO GET BRACES! In a little over a year in most cases, you'll have a new smile you can be proud of for a lifetime.

Okay, now I'll get down off my soapbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Derenzy Clan

The Derenzy Clan
Friends' coastal wedding Oct 09